Freemasonry in Tenbury Wells

Tenbury Mark Masonry

Teme Valley Lodge of Mark Master Masons No. 1260

Many a first time at Tenbury

On Tuesday, 19th November 2019, the Teme Valley Lodge of Mark Master Masons No 1260 held its meeting (By Dispensation) in the Lodge rooms in Tenbury Wells. It was a first in many ways for the Lodge of Mark Master Masons, as this was the first meeting to be held in the refurbished facilities, courtesy of the generous bequest from W. Bro. Tudge.

Declaring that this was a first for him, the presiding officer, The Deputy Provincial Grand Master, W. Bro. J W Whiteley, PGSD, presented five Grand Lodge Certificates to Bros. Hayward, Hooker, Arnold, Rumble and Webb.

The installation meeting saw Bro. Corfield installed into the chair of Adoniram for the first time in Mark with the, not so much as the first time, but more so the many times, Installing Master duties being carried out by W. Bro. Moore as W. Bro. Bennett moved to the rank of IPM.

The Deputy PGM thanked W. Bro. Bennett, the IPM, for his outstanding work, dedication and remarkable every day attendance whilst Project Managing the recent building refurbishment program at the lodge rooms in Tenbury.

The Deputy PGM informed W. Bro. Bennett, that the Provincial Grand Master requested his thanks and gratitude be recorded at this meeting in the form of W. Bro. Bennett being promoted with immediate effect to PPrGJD, and was presented with a Provincial apron and collar of that rank.

This was the very first time a field promotion had been awarded under the current governance of The Provincial Grand Master, Eric John Rymer. The Provincial DC made the proclamation.

All this was observed by the WAPGM P. Yarnell attending the Mark gathering for the first time in his new capacity as APGM.

The Brethren then retired to the festive board whereupon The Deputy PGM bestowed another first, but unofficial title upon W. Bro. Terrence Davies, proclaiming him as his ‘Little Sunbeam’!

Teme Valley Lodge of Mark Master Masons No. 1260

Teme Mark Lodge Logo

Consecrated 14th October 1961